Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And again I say unto this people.....



I love General Conference. Maybe because I actually get to sit by my husband on a Sunday. Or, because I don't have to struggle to keep Ephraim and Gideon from making noise during sacrament meeting. This year while browsing the web, looking for ways to help the kids pay attention the the speakers, I came across the idea of creating the atmosphere of King Benjamin's day in our own family room. On Saturday we set up a sheet tent and worked on conference coloring pages (all found at my favorite website http://www.sugardoodle.net/ ). On Sunday we decided to construct King Benjamin's tower out of marshmallows and toothpicks. Hindsight, stale marshmallows would have worked better. Use the stale ones for construction and eat the fresh! We had a great time. I think we even learned something amongst the fun! I can't wait till April.