Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hope's First Ice Skating




Hope was invited to a friend's birthday party at the ice rink. She was really excited to go. When we got there, she took one look at the skates and wanted to go home. Stupid me I took her by myself with little Samuel in tow. They offered for me to skate with her knowing that she could hardly stand up. Well, what was I supposed to do with the baby? Just leave him in the lobby to fend for himself? I decided to stand outside the rink door and try to reach in as far as I could to help her balance on the ice. Meanwhile, Samuel is frozen stiff on the floor in his carseat. Finally, the birthday girl's mom helped her onto the ice and around one time. It really helped. By the end of the session she had made it 1/4 of the way around by herself. She felt very proud of her accomplishment! I was proud of her for trying and not giving up.
*Note to self. Next time a kid of mine is invited to a skating party, bring socks for me and come by myself!

No comments: